Tuesday, September 25, 2007

WIND AND FIRE

I was trying to start a fire tonight in my fireplace with only a few matches.
Well, I got the fire going for a minute then it started to die out.
In desperation,I started blowing on the wood madly to start it burning again. To my amazement the fire started up again and that was what it took to start the fire and keep it going. Only three logs that gave great heat for over three hours.

I was sitting on the couch likening the "fire" to the fervency of the Holy Ghost. The wind I offered the fire I likened to the "spirit" of God the "Holy Ghost".

Luke 3:16 says
He shall baptise you with the Holy Ghost and with fire. (when you look up fire in the Strongs concordance it means "Lightening".
Acts 2: 3 says
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Seems fire is likened to lightening...... That is very electrifying, powerful, supercharged.

Then the bible says regarding "Wind"
John 3: 8
The wind bloweth where it listeth and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Acts 2:2
And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting:

The culmination of that day of fire (lightening) and wind (spirit) was
Acts 2:4
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the spirit gave them utterance.

I believe God allowed me through my little object lesson of blowing on a dying fire, to apply it to his Holy Ghost.

In summary...... If I want to keep the fervency, lightening, supercharge of the Holy Ghost in me,,,, keep the wind blowing on the fire to keep it flaming in my life.The wind is keeping Merrily in the most precious Holy Ghost his spirit continually.

8 comments:

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

Merrily,
How easy it is to let the fire die down. Physically or spiritually if you don't keep an eye on it , the fire will go out. We need to keep the fire fueled to keep it burning bright and keep the cold and darkeness away!
Don't you love it when you get a great revelation from an ordinary occurence in life?

merbear said...

Hey Tina,
Yes I do love it.. Wasn't even trying to but seemed like God put the comparison in me.
Only a tiny, elementary thought.
Your last post on the tree; was a mind blower. The best!!!!
Love you Tina

MissionsAngel said...

Beautiful! To me a tempid fire has always been a time of repose for me, a time to meditate and reflect in its peacefulness. And oh such a peace that comes with living for God! Consume me,oh Lord!

merbear said...

You have such a beautiful expression Angel with words. A gift for sure!!
Thank you so much for your comments, I love them!!

See you in a few weeks.

Marks Starlet said...

When are you atarting your special services?! I need dates and times...
BTW..... are you licensed? ;)

COOL POST MOM!!!

merbear said...

Thanks Stary baby!

* *
0
---

whispers of a purple willow tree said...

merbear i miss you too
SO SO SO MUCH more than i could ever tell you
i would give just about anything to be cuddled up w you on the purple couch in front of a fireplace....
it seems like all i think about lately is the past and all the good memories cuz i dont think im making very many good memories right now.....
i love you so so much
dont ever stop praying for me it means the world and is when of the things that keeps me sane at night to know that somewhere out there God is hearing my name

merbear said...

Purple Willow Tree,

I will reply to you little girl on your blog.......