Thursday, August 16, 2007

SUCCESS

1. MARRY THE RIGHT PERSON. THIS ONE DECISION WILL DETERMINE 90% OF YOUR HAPPINESS OR MISERY.

2. WORK AT SOMETHING YOU ENJOY AND THAT'S WORTHY OF YOUR TIME AND TALENT.

3. GIVE PEOPLE MORE THAN THEY EXPECT AND DO IT CHEERFULLY.

4. BECOME THE MOST POSITIVE AND ENTHUSIASTIC PERSON YOU KNOW.

5. BE GENEROUS.

6. BE FORGIVING OF YOURSELF AND OTHERS.

7. HAVE A GRATEFUL HEART.

8. PERSISTENCE, PERSISTENCE, PERSISTENCE.

9. DISCIPLINE YOURSELF TO SAVE MONEY ON EVEN THE MOST MODEST SALARY.

10. TREAT EVERYONE YOU MEET LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.

11. COMMIT YOURSELF TO CONSTANT IMPROVEMENT

12. COMMIT YOURSELF TO QUALITY.

13. UNDERSTAND THAT HAPPINESS IS NOT BASED ON PASSESSIONS, POWER OR PRESTIGE, BUT ON REALTIONSHIPS WITH
PEOPLE YOU LOVE AND RESPECT.

14. BE LOYAL.

15. BE HONEST.

16. BE A SELF STARTER.

17. BE DECISIVE EVEN IF IT MEANS YOU'LL SOMETIMES BE WRONG.

18. STOP BLAMING OTHERS. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVERY AREA OF YOUR LIFE.

19. BE BOLD AND COURAGEOUS. WHEN YOU LOOK BACK ON YOUR LIFE, YOU'LL REGRET THE THINGS YOU DIDN'T DO MORE
THAN THE ONES YOU DID.

20. TAKE GOOD CARE OF THOSE YOU LOVE.

21. DON'T DO ANYTHING THAT WOULDN'T MAKE YOUR MOM PROUD.


I know most of you have read this before, I am not even trying to reinvent the wheel here; just does me good to read and reread positive things often.

15 comments:

Marks Starlet said...

If we really took this list seriously and applied it... I'm sure the lucid word "success" is an understatement of how "successful and fulfilled" we'd actually be!!

Cool post mom!

merbear said...

Thanks so much Star, that means so much to me seeing your comments from time to time.
You rock my world!!!!!

Jerms said...

im only gonna answer a few

1. I dunno yet, been thing about it since i was 18,21

2. videogames(sports)

3. 500$ sound good?

5. i'd give money to those in need if i had money

9. my wife, if i get married that is would probly be disciplined to do that I HOPE

merbear said...

The girl that you would marry Jerm......
would have to be very bright, to keep up to you!!
Your brain is in overdrive!!!
Very bright young man.

Love you comments,,,,,, thank you.

Jerms said...

it goes blank often

Jerms said...

she would have to work, i cant work...goverment sucks

~Jeriann said...

What great advice, Sis. Merrily! :)

Amy St. Pierre said...

You know, Mer, after reading through that list, I realized that your number one, marry the right person has alot to do with most of your other points. In all reality, alot of the other ones are so difficult if not impossible to have, dream, or accomplish if you are married to the wrong person! It is so true, thank you, and I love you so much!

Jerms said...

why does this always happen i type down what is needed and try to help people and yet i cant even post my thoughts on my own blog...

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

all of them are very good. I also like to read things like that . It pulls you back on track

merbear said...

Hey Jeriann
Hello, how are you doing little girl??
I wish I could take credit for what I just wrote. It is a famous writing.
If I posted my own feelings and thoughts; they can be very extreme, overkill and intense. (As you must remember about me; staying with me)
Better for me to find things and post, that to write my feelings. I get too intense about stuff.

merbear said...

Good point Amy!! Yes, easy to do almost all the above with the right mate. Hard to do almost all the above with the wrong mate.
I guess bottom line, (as our wonderful Pastor has taught; that I fail so very much in) you can't change anyone else. The only person you have control over is yourself..... Therefore, if we are given a lemon for a mate, make lemonaid out of him...... LOL, LOL.......
Aren't I philisophical!!!!!
I will pray every good thing for your future Amy. Always make sure the dude can catch the stick.......

merbear said...

You bring so much to the table JERM....
You can and do help others. If you want to help people more from your blog, just jolly well do it!!
You have got it Jerm.....
Lots of really cool things come from your mind.
"JUST DO IT"
Besides your blog, is yours!!! Don't compare to anyone else, just do your thing!!

merbear said...

Hey Tina,
Hello long lost friend!!! LOL
So nice to hear from you.
Yeah, I am a wimpy wompy for heady stuff.
It gets my rust old wheels going!!!! LOL
Nothing quite does it though, like reading Gods word.
Just finished Proverbs (took quite some time, too long actually)
Now into Ecclesiastes!!! Talk about inspiration, correction, conviction, rebuke, faith building, encouraging, looking in the mirror!!
You would think with all I profess:
I would be a lot farther along the food chain of growth; than I am...
I think I am a slow learner!!!! Sheesh!!!

~Jeriann said...

I'm doing great! I'm missing you guys though. ;) How are you?
Ohhh, I see! Well, it's a good post for sure. I always enjoy your reading your blog! =)